Perfect Day Denim

by - 9:00 AM


Denim: Savers
Skirt: Salvation Army
Happy spring, folks! Like me, the weather is finally getting its act together. I've actually been completing all the tasks I jot down in my agenda, like writing this post (aye) and doing a little spring cleaning. Recently among the chaos, I've recovered:

  • a horribly undersized bralet I ordered from a fishy online store
  • a black hat from my 'American Horror Story: Coven' phase and 
  • a lonesome faux-fur collar detached from a winter jacket I no longer own
Truthfully, I don't think I'll be wearing those other two items anytime soon. But turning over the collar in my hands, I felt a DIY coming on. As I mentioned in a previous post, I have been into the faux-fur bomber look, but lacked the confidence to actually wear one. Could sewing this collar onto a denim jacket be my gateway faux-fur?


I found this gem while browsing through the denim jacket section at Savers. The find brought me back down to earth, because let's be real: my DIY skills are nothing to brag about. I could have ruined a collar AND a denim jacket in one sitting.




Loafers: Everlane
I've worn this mock turtleneck + plaid skirt combo multiple times to date. Without the jacket, it's a no-nonsense look. Must have something to do with plaid being the most serious print of them all. The denim adds an element of fun. It completely changes the vibe from a skittish secretary to a private school senior playing hooky. Being able to pair the outfit with my jacket was a sign that it could easily elevate any look from my wardrobe. Now, if only I could say the same for the Barbie-sized bralet... 

You May Also Like

0 comments